Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Silly stuff the kids say

Kaden was a bit constipated and as he sat struggling on the toilet he said, "This poopoo is very naughty! It hurt me!"

The kids and I sat on the front porch watching the thunder & lightning storm roll in. Kylee especially loves the bolts of lightning and said, "Jesus! Please give me a big one, OK, Jesus??" Sure enough within a minute of her prayer a huge lightning bolt filled the sky. "Thank you Jesus!! See, Mommy? He did it for me!!"

Kylee was telling me about the kids in her Sunday School class and when she talked about the boys she suddenly said, "But I'm still going to marry Connor!" "What does it mean to you to be married?" I asked her. "To be loved," she then tilted her head and thought for a second, "by a new man." "A new man?" I asked surprised. "Yes, instead of the older man," was her answer. "Who is the older man?" I probed. "He is my Daddy."

We were running errands and I stayed in the car with the kids while Jim ran into one store. "Where my Daddy going?" Cole asked. "He's just running into the store, he'll be back soon!" I answered. "My Daddy not go in the store, I will miss him!"

Papa had arrived in Milwaukee, but his pocket knife had to be left behind in St. Louis. We had to go into the bus station to pick it up after it had been shipped. Once Papa ran into the station, Kylee asked, "Is Papa going to get his sword? Why did they not let him carry his sword on the bus? I hope that I can see his sword!"

Kaden was sitting with me on the couch and I was looking at email. Suddenly there was a side margin that had a lady in a bikini. Kaden remarked, "That lady's not wearing clothes! That lady needs to put a shirt on! That lady need a spank-spank!"

Our friends, the Whilhelms, have generously opened their pool to us many times this summer. We were on the way to their house to swim and Kylee asked out of the blue, "Mommy, how do you say 'Whilhelms' in Spanish?"

Kylee was telling our neighbor girl about her cousins Connor, Logan and Hailey that had recently come out to WI for a visit. Colson piped up and said, "And not forget Travis too. He a very funny guy! Yeah, Travis is a goofy guy!"

No comments: