In my life, I've been blessed to see several breathtaking sunsets over crashing ocean waves, or been on a peak tall enough to see lush forests and vast fields far into the distance. I've had the opportunity to swim through crystal clear glacier lakes amidst snowpeaked mountain tops, and to hike my way through magnificent scenery. There is a part of me that will always see, hear and feel God best when I'm able to enjoy His incredible creation. Last night, however, God allowed me to see another beautiful scene that I far too often take for granted. As Jim and I were putting Kylee to bed, I glanced at the clock to see how late it was getting and felt the need to hurry with the bedtime routine so that Jim and I could get the house cleaned and get ourselves to bed. But when I looked back in their direction, I was taken aback. It is a scene that God allows me to see every night, but somehow tonight it struck me - this too was part of God's incredible creation!! Kylee was laying on her pillow, with Jim leaning over her. Her small, soft hands cupped his jawline as they giggled and talked about the day, exchanging nose kisses and tickles. "I love you 21 times, Daddy! Do you love me?" she asks with sparkling eyes and wide smiles. What a precious picture to behold - the love between my daughter and her Daddy, my husband and his little girl. I suddenly wanted to pause time and let the moment last forever. Yes, this too was one of the most beautiful visions that God has allowed me to lay my eyes upon.



(these pictures were taken the next night, when I was ready, this time, with my camera)
1 comment:
How precious! I LOVE these pictures. I keep thinking of the wonderful security that your children enjoy, basking in the love of their parents, who nurture them and guide them in wisdom and love. I wish I could give that gift to every young person I come into contact with. But then I realize that no matter what their lives are like now, if they have received Jesus then they DO have a loving Father and they WILL experience that love both now and for eternity. So I'll keep praying that the encounter Jesus!
Post a Comment