Today after Kylee's second day of school she said, "See, Mommy? I always come back to you as soon as my school is done!" She used the exact same tone I used when my boys had a hard time with me leaving them in the church nursery. :O)
While we were waiting at school, we overheard a student use the Lord's name in vain. Kylee responded, "We don't say that, Mom, but they don't know better." I was so touched by her sensitive heart. In my own head I responded in a more critical manner wondering how someone could be so insensitive and offensive. But my sweet Ky's response is right on. So many in this world do not know the Truth. And if you don't know Truth, what standard is there to live by? It's certainly unfair to hold unbelievers to the same standard that I would hold myself to, especially when I know the truth and what is expected of me and yet I still fail! So, my 4 year old, once again, humbled me and demonstrated for me what a caring, sensitive heart should look like.
Now that Kylee has asked the Lord into her heart she is very excited and talks about it frequently. When Daddy asked her what she was most excited to learn about at school, she shouted, "Jesus!" At first, I felt as though we might have made the wrong decision by choosing our outstanding public school system for our daughter, instead of a private Christian school. But as I listened to my husband talking with my daughter and hearing her response, my fears subsided. "Kylee, your teachers at this school are not going to teach you about Jesus. They will be teaching you letters, numbers, reading and writing. But you can certainly talk about Jesus as much as you like." Jim explained. "Why don't they teach about Jesus?" Ky asked. "Well, Ky, in this world not everybody knows who Jesus is, maybe even your teachers, but you can always tell others what you know about Jesus." She thought about it and responded, "Can I ask my teachers if they know Jesus?" "Yes, absolutely, and other kids too if you like." Jim replied. "And if they don't know Jesus I can tell them about Him?" she continued to inquire. "Of course, Kylee, that's why we're here, so we can let other people know the good news about Jesus." "OK!" Ky responded enthusiastically. And ever since she's shown much concern for others, including her own brothers, who do not know Jesus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment