Saturday, September 1, 2007
Kylee's big announcement
Today is a day I'll never forget. I was brushing Kylee's hair and told her it was beautiful. I then asked her what was more important than being beautiful and she answered, "Knowing Jesus! Do you have Him in your heart, Mom?" "Yes, I do, Ky. Do you have Jesus in your heart?" I asked her. "No, not yet." I told her what it meant to me to have Jesus as my Savior and Lord of my life. She then asked me if I would pray with her so she could have Jesus in her heart too. We talked about what that meant to her and she told me that Jesus loved her and died on the cross for her sins and that she loved Him and wanted to obey Him. So, she bowed her head, closed her eyes, folded her hands and followed my lead as she prayed to receive Christ as her Savior. Tears fill my eyes even as I write this. I could want nothing more for my daughter than for her to know and love her Creator and Savior. She came downstairs and announced to her Papa and her Daddy that she asked Jesus in her heart. Daddy knelt to her level and held her, telling her it was the biggest and best decision she would ever make in her life. "I know!" She responded. Later in the day I told her something looked different about her. "Yes, I love Jesus!" She told me exuberantly. We have made a big deal about it all day. Kylee is very excited about her decision and we are excited to have the opportunity to watch her grow in her faith and in the knowledge of her Lord and Savior for all the days of her life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment