Friday, August 31, 2007

Dad saves the day!

I've struggled through a couple weeks now of feeling very exhausted with motherhood. For the past month, Jim's work has been very intense, which has placed more work on my shoulders at home. With the kitchen being torn up, the need to keep out of the house, the boys being sick (ear infections and stomach bug) and many things needing to get done that I seem never to find the time to do, I have been a bit overwhelmed. However, I am so grateful that my Dad was able to be here this week, and his presence has made a huge difference for our family! Jim and I were actually able to get away together for an evening and reconnect with one another which was wonderful!! I've had several opportunities to get things done while leaving my kids in the capable and trusted hands of my Dad, the kitchen is almost complete, and today a friend took me out for an afternoon of pampering!!! With so much getting done, Jim's busy work period coming to an end and having help at home, I am feeling very refreshed and ready to jump in with both feet on Sunday when my dad returns home to Oregon.

Here are some photos of our fun times during my dad's stay.











No comments: