Sunday, August 5, 2007

Tis so sweet...

Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, just to take Him at His word....

We sang this song in church on Sunday and it really got to me. It reminds me of a quote I used to have on the mirror in my college dorm that said, "I refuse to see any problem as anything less than an opportunity to see God". Well, easier said than done, of course, but yet in every problem, there is an opportunity to trust in Jesus. I have been so moved recently by the peace and comfort given to us when we trust Him. I have been witness to much suffering around me, in family, friends and in my personal life and I can't imagine suffering through painful circumstances without the peace and strength that comes from trusting Jesus! Not that he automatically makes our pain and fears go away, but He allows us to feel His constant presence, He provides rest and comfort to our weary souls, He reminds us of the plan He has for us that reaches beyond anything this world can offer, and the certainty of our ultimate and eternal destination, no matter what pain we may currently endure.

Oh how I love that I can trust in Jesus! No matter what happens to me in this life, big or small, He is growing me in strength, faith and character. I know, too, that He will always love me, never leave me and one day I will get to spend forever with Him!

No comments: