Well, it may seem like a little thing, but to my Kylee-girl the rainbow in the sky last evening held special meaning, intended just for her! I suppose rainbows are something we don't see here in WI as much as I remember seeing them back in Oregon. But ever since learning the Noah's ark story, Kylee has loved beautiful, colorful rainbows and enjoys drawing them too. As she was drawing one yesterday she looked up at me and said, "Mommy, I have not seen a rainbow for a very long time!" "Yeah, I haven't seen one for quite awhile either. Maybe some day soon God will paint one in the sky, wouldn't that be neat?" "Yeah, I would really like that!" she replied.
Later that evening, with rumors of storms coming through WI over night, Jimmy and I hurried to mow the lawn and wash dishes in the hose outside (the joys of kitchen remodeling!). The kids played around outside and then went inside with Jimmy when he was finished mowing to get cleaned up. As I walked around the house to put the last few things away I was amazed to see a perfect, colorful arch in the sky. I ran inside to get Kylee and show her the surprise. When she saw it she exclaimed, "God sent me a rainbow!!" And at that moment, holding my little girl and appreciating the brilliant rainbow in the sky, it felt like just that - God sent her a rainbow. What an amazing way for God to show His precious 4 year old how much He cares about her!!
p.s. I'm writing this later in the day but thought it was so precious that I wanted to remember it in the years to come. We were driving to the grocery store and I asked Kylee if she told the boys about what she saw in the sky last night. "Oh, yes, God sent me a rainbow, brothers!" I then asked her why she thought He did that for her. She thought for a second then answered, "Because He delights in me." Wow, that little girl opens my eyes! "He sure does, Ky!" I responded, taken aback by her comment. "Yes, mommy, He loves me. And now we can be amazed and worship Him!" After that she broke out into her own song of praise... and what else would I do but cry tears of joy?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment