Kylee's face was covered in tears as we pulled away from the airport today. We had just dropped Nana (my mom) off after a one and a half week visit and Kylee was not ready to say good-bye. "I don't want to say good-bye!" She continued to sob. "I want Nana to stay with us forever and ever. I can't say good-bye yet, she can't go, I will miss her! She needs to move closer. Why does she have to leave us?" And on and on it went for the first 10 minutes of our ride home. I tried to comfort her, but in all honesty, it caused me great pain to see her hurting so (because of her great love for her family) and I was crying right along with her! Yes, we had a wonderful week with Nana - full of trips to the park, the farm, the library, going swimming, taking bike rides, going out to fun places to eat, and even an hour spent in Kylee's class at school after Nana read to the kids. And she was so helpful around the house - cooking, cleaning, babysitting, doing laundry, etc. Yes, our Nana is very special to all of us indeed. And we are grateful for the time we got to have her here with us. She and Papa will be back for Christmas, so to give Kylee and the boys something to look forward to, we decided to buy sleds on the way home! In doing so, the kids have something tangible to remember that their Nana and Papa are coming back - when it is cold, when there is snow, and when we can all go sledding together!! They are so excited and having sleds to remind them about what is to come helped Kylee recover from her good-bye blues.
Here are some photos of our time with Nana:
Ky and Nana making duck feet in the sand
Ky found a shell
Kaden at the park
Colson running at the park
Nana having fun at Stonefire Pizza
Kylee showing off her face painting
Kaden with his sundae
Colson enjoying his sundae
Playing frisbee golf!
1 comment:
What a great idea with the sleds! How do you guys think of these things? You're such creative parents! :-)
Post a Comment